Systems Developer (DevOps)
The Systems Developer role is responsible for developing and testing new operations and maintenance tools. A working knowledge of IT monitoring platforms (Splunk, ELK, Nagios, OpenNMS, etc…), ticketing systems (Zendesk, RT, Remedy, etc…), and scripting / programming languages are paramount. This individual will work under the supervision of the Chief Technology Officer and will interface directly with our clients.
The most successful candidate will be a strong technologist with a practical and creative mind. This candidate must be able to effectively collaborate with ThetaPoint Architects and Consultants to deliver optimal tools to satisfy various internal and client problem sets.
- Producing clean, efficient code / tools based on specifications
- Testing and deploying programs and systems
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Fixing and improving existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Role reports to Chief Technology Officer
- Minimal Client facing role - May require minimal travel
- Work closely with ThetaPoint internal team to define project requirements
- This role does not have any direct reports
- US Citizenship, active clearance a bonus but not required, but must possess the ability to gain an active clearance
- 3+ years Programming hands on experience
- Scripting: Python, Perl, Ruby
- File/Data Formats: JSON, XML
- 1-year hands on experience with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- 1-year hands on experience with Splunk
- 1-year hands on experience with Network / System monitoring software (Nagios, Zabbix, OpenNMS, PRTG, Prometheus/Grafana, Etc…
- Excellent Unix / Linux skills required
- Web Server Administration experience preferred (NGINX, Apache)
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies like Docker, Hadoop, Cloudera
- Working knowledge of Ticketing System like Zendesk, RT, Etc…
- Proficient with Software Development Life Cycles (i.e. ITSA, etc)
- Active professional certifications, open source project, security research or design/framework contributions or other current initiatives around information management, data and content modeling and large data analytics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- Job requires travel approximately 5-10% of the time
- All candidates must be clearable, existing DOD TS clearance preferred
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screening
- We offer flexible working arrangements and a telecommuting program
Compensation Plan and Benefits
- Salary + Bonus dependent upon experience and skill sets and milestones
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Work at Home
- 15 Days PTO
If interested in this positions at ThetaPoint, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
About ThetaPoint, Inc.
ThetaPoint is a leading provider of strategic consulting and managed security services. We help clients plan, build and run successful SIEM and Log Management platforms and work with the leading technology providers to properly align capabilities to clients needs. Recognized for our unique technical experience, in addition to our ability to quickly and rapidly solve complex customer challenges, ThetaPoint partners with some of the largest and most demanding clients in the commercial and public sector. For more information, visit www.theta-point.com or follow us on Twitter or Linked-In.